Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Lord Worked With Them

Scripture:

Mark 16:20 "The the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it".

Observation:

Just before Jesus ascended to heaven after His resurrection, He told them in verse 17 that "these signs will follow those who believe".  He listed several things that would follow those who believe.  In this verse, His disciples did as He said and He confirmed His word by the signs that accompanied it.  They went out to do His work and He worked with them.  When we preach Jesus...He will work with us through signs and wonders.

Application:

Many times we feel like and even use the expression, "I'm working for the Lord".  If we are ever going to advance His kingdom in the way He wants, we must stop working "for" Him and start working "with" Him.  He worked "with" the early disciples and powerful things happened.  When we work "for" Him, we are limited to doing what we can do in our own human flesh.  When we work "with" Him, we have resurrection power working with us to accomplish His work.  This seems like the logical choice.  I want to work "with" the Lord and not just "for" Him.

Prayer:

Father, I want to get on Your agenda and work with You.  I want Jesus to work with me like He did the early disciples.  Help me to be more sensitive to Your Spirit.  Teach me to work with You instead of for You.  You are incredible!  Thank You for showing this to me today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment