Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saved to Serve

Scripture:

Jeremiah 15:19 "Therefore this is what the Lord says: 'If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve Me; if you utter worthy, not worthless words, you will be my spokesman.  Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them'".

Observation:

Jeremiah had been prophesying destruction and disaster on God's people because they had not served Him properly.  They had done their own thing and ended up in terrible sin and devastation, yet they would not turn to God.  If they had just turned to Him in repentance, He would have received them and blessed them mightily, but they would not.  In this passage the Lord says that if they would repent, He would restore them so they could serve Him.  He wants to restore them, not just for their sake, but that they may serve Him.

Application:

God saves us for a purpose.  He saves us that we may serve Him.  He rescues us so that we will live a life that pleases Him and share what He has done for us to the world so that they may know Him as well.  We are saved to serve!  Many times today we act like God is there to serve us and give us whatever we want.  He does heal us, forgive us, cleanse us, etc., but He does it that we may make His name great in the earth.  He saves us to serve Him and we must get back to seeing it that way.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to make You name famous in all the earth.  I want to lift up your name above every other thing.  Help me to serve You well while I am here on this earth.  You saved me so that I could serve You.  Help me to do it well!

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment