Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Blessing of God

Scripture:

Isaiah 61:9  "Their descendants will be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples.  All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the Lord has blessed".

Observation:

Many times in my reading of passages like this, and there are many, I see that the blessing of the Lord is not as much about God's people being blessed, but about God blessing His people so that His name will be great.  He blesses His people so that His name will be honored.  He blesses His people so that the rest of the world will be jealous and want Him as their God.  It seems like God blesses and prospers His people so mightily that the rest of the world will see it and turn to Him.

Application:

If God knows you will give Him praise and lift up His name, He will bless your socks off!  God wants us to be people who give all credit for the blessing on on lives to Him.  When He finds people who honor Him wholeheartedly, He unleashes the blessing their way.  He does this because He knows that they won't take the credit themselves.  God does bless His people and makes them a testimony of His goodness!

Prayer:

Father God, I ask you to let your blessing fall strongly on my life.  I will tell everyone of Your goodness and will not take credit for myself.  Bless the work of my hands.  Bless our ministry.  Bless our church.  We want to declare to the nations how awesome our God is and we want to be a blessing to the nations.  Help me do it.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment