Monday, June 10, 2013

No Weapon Forged Against You

Scripture:

Isaiah 54:17 "no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me, declares the Lord".

Observation:

God is speaking to Israel through Isaiah in this context as He is telling them that there will be a day when their enemies will be completely defeated and peace will rule.  God does say here, though, that this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.  God is saying that He will vindicate those who are His.  Our job is to seek Him, love Him, worship Him, and serve Him, He then will vindicate us and we will not have to fight our own battles.

Application:

God loves us more than we can even fathom.  He wants to be our everything.  When we walk with Him in that manner, He will fight heaven and earth on our behalf.  He will vindicate His servants and take care of them.  He will make sure, as we trust completely in Him, that our enemies weapons are powerless and that His children walk in victory.  Weapons will be used against us, tongues will speak all kinds of terrible things about us, but if we are servants of the Lord, we can expect Him to vindicate us.  The other aspect of this is that when we take revenge, we have done His job for Him.  He can do a much better job with our enemies than we can.  We must trust Him!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, Thank You for speaking to me this morning.  I want to continue to run after You with all my heart and not be afraid of man in any way.  I want my life to be controlled completely by You and not by the fear of man.  You are my rock and I put my trust in You alone!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment