Monday, June 24, 2013

Senseless Living

Scripture:

Jeremiah 10:21  "The shepherds are senseless and do not inquire of the Lord; so they do not prosper and all their flock is scattered".

Observation:

Jeremiah is prophesying destruction that was coming.  As he is prophesying, he throws in this statement that is very powerful.  He basically says that the shepherds don't prosper and are senseless because they don't ask God about what they are doing.  As I see it, shepherding probably wouldn't take a lot of hearing from God.  It seems you would be trained and then do as you have learned. It doesn't seem like a difficult occupation, yet Jeremiah says they didn't prosper in it because they did not inquire of the Lord.

Application:

God is concerned about every detail of our lives.  We may wonder why we work so hard and produce such little results.  Does God really want to show us how to be prosperous?  Does He understand our current jobs and positions?  Does He understand my job?  To these questions, the answer is yes!  He wants to guide us in every area of life into a life of peace and blessing.  Many of us think, God doesn't care about my job.  It is just what I do, why should I seek Him about it?  He wants to bless you and work is what results in blessing most of the time.  Therefore He is very concerned and wants to guide us as work and in the mundane things of life.

Prayer:

Father, Help  me not to live a senseless life.  I look to You to guide me, direct me and show me every step of the way.  I need you to show me how to live my life.  You are my everything and I place my trust in You! 

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment