Friday, December 28, 2012

Worship and Thanksgiving

Scripture:

I Chronicles 16:4  "He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the Ark of the Lord, to extol, thank, and praise the Lord, the God of Israel:"

Observation:

David wanted the presence of God to be with him and the people of Israel.  He brought the Ark, the presence of God, and placed it in a tent where worship could go on 24 hours per day before the Ark.  He appointed people to minister before the Ark 24/7 and their job was to "extol, thank, and praise the Lord".  This seems like a huge expression to say "thank you", but David knew it was the right thing to do.

Application:

In David's tabernacle, there was continuous praise, thanksgiving and worship going on 24 hours per day.  This shows how much God loves to be praised and how He responds to praise.  David was the greatest King in Israel's history and the key to his success is found in this verse.  He knew that it was God who fought his battles and He gave God the position of honor that He deserved.  We must do the same.  We must become people of worship who find every reason to thank God for the things He has done.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to be a worshipper 24/7.  Let me not be a complainer, but a praiser.  You are amazing and I want my life to bring You praise.  You are worthy of the highest praise and honor.  You have done so much in my life and helped me so many times.  You are good and I love You!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment