Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Set an Example

Scripture:

Titus 2:6-8  "In everything set them an example by doing what is good.  In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us".

Observation:

Paul is writing to Titus and talking to him about leading a church.  In this portion of the letter, he tells Titus to "set an example" in everything by doing what is good.  Paul was telling Titus that our lives are examples for people to look at.  He says that in doing this, even those who oppose you will be ashamed because they will have nothing bad to say about you.

Application:

As a minister of the Gospel, my speaking needs to be sound and my life needs to follow.  This way people will have nothing to say negative about our ministry.  I need to set the example to my church of being a man of God in every area of life.  We should live our lives in such a way that nobody can have anything bad to say against us.  People love to talk about ministers messing up, we can't give them reason to doubt.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be the man of God you want me to be.  Let me live a life that causes people to respect You.  Help me to set an example to those around me that You are an awesome God.  Let my life be effective in reflecting You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment