Monday, December 17, 2012

Finish the Job

Scripture:

II Kings 15:34-35  "He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, just as his father Uzziah had done.  The high places, however, were not removed; the people continued to offer sacrifices and burn incense there".

Observation:

Many of the kings of Israel and Judah had the same epitath as Jotham did in this passage.  It seems that they would do right in God's eyes, but never finish the job be removing the places where people in their country worshiped other gods.  God would have good words to say about them, then would say, "however", or , "but", they didn't remove the high places where other gods were worshiped.

Application:

When we come to God, we must give over every place of our hearts and lives to Him.  We need to give no place to the enemy.  God wants us to be completely His and wants us to remove everything of the enemy in our lives.  We must finish the job and not become satisfied that a  little sin in our lives is okay because God is still blessing me.  We can have no high places that are given over to our enemy.

Prayer:

Father God, You are amazing and deserve our very best.  Show me every area of my life that needs to be changed.  Help me to be more like You in every area of my life.  I want to live a life of complete submission to Your will and plans for me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment