Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Partial Conversion

Scripture:

II Kings 17:33 "They worshiped the Lord, but they also served their own gods in accordance with the customs of the nations from which they had been brought".

Observation:

As God's people were being re-settled into the land of Samaria, they wanted to worship the God of their forefathers, but also wanted to serve the gods they had learned about in other lands.  They wanted to serve God, but also wanted to serve other gods at the same time.  God had said in His covenant with them that they were to have no other gods in their lives, yet they thought they could.

Application:

I see many people today that want to serve God, yet also want to hold onto the way they have always lived their lives before.  When we come to God, we must come to Him completely and allow His reign and rule in our lives.  What He says, goes!  We cannot serve God and ourselves.  We cannot serve God and other gods.  If we are to follow Him, we cannot have anything in our lives that competes with Him.  Partial conversion never works.  We must completely surrender to the Lord and His ways.

Prayer:

Father, I want to serve You as You want to be served.  I want to be completely Yours.  I want to serve You well and not serve others gods or myself.  I want You on the throne of my life.  Help me to look to You for all the answers in my life and not to self or any other thing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment