Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Only What the Lord Tells Me

Scripture:

I Kings 22:14 "But Micaiah said, 'As surely as the Lord lives, I can tell him only what the Lord tells me'".

Observation:

Micaiah is a true prophet of the Lord.  One of the signs of a true man of God is that he will speak only what the Lord gives him and not out of his own spirit.  Many prophets were speaking to the king, but this man determined he would only say what the Lord was saying.

Application:

Many times we council and give advice out of our own wisdom and years of experience.  These are wonderful and help others in wonderful ways, but we also need a prophetic voice in our lives that speaks only what God is saying and not what seems to be a good idea.  This also makes me want to be that person who speaks only what the Lord says.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, Your word is powerful and true.  Your words are life!  Thank you for Your word, the Bible.  It is awesome and I love it, but I also want to hear your voice in the particulars of life.  In the decisions I make, I want to hear Your voice.  I want to speak what You want me to speak.  I offer you my mouth and ask you to fill it with words from You for whoever I speak to.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment