Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wisdom and Understanding from God

Scripture:

I Kings 4:29  "God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore".

Observation:

Solomon had asked the Lord for wisdom to lead God's people and the Lord provided.  Here Solomon's wisdom is talked about and we see just how wise he became.  First I observe that it came from the Lord, not self teaching.  Second I observe that his understanding was measureless.  Understanding is incredibly important in our lives and we need to ask for it more often.

Application:

James said that is anyone lacked wisdom we should ask God who gives it liberally and doesn't withhold it.  Solomon asked God for wisdom and he was granted incredible wisdom and understanding.  Human wisdom is good but God's wisdom is incredible.  Human understanding is good, but God's understanding is amazing.  We must seek God ad allow Him to fill our lives with wisdom and understanding.

Prayer:

Lord, fill me up with wisdom and understanding that I may make wise choices and be a person of great understanding.  Teach me Your ways and help me to understand people better so that I can be effective in relating to them.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment