Monday, December 10, 2012

Disobedience

Scripture:

I Kings 20:42 "He said to the king, 'This is what the Lord says; You have set free a man I had determined to die.  Therefore it is your life for his life, your people for his people.'"

Observation:

Disobedience affects so many people around us, especially if we are in a place of leadership.  Leaders have to make decisions all the time.  If a leader makes wrong decision, it affects everyone under them.  When leaders disobey the Lord, the consequences are greater because it affects everyone.  Here Ahab disobeyed the Lord and his people would be conquered because of it.

Application:

Every decision we make affects others.  In Christian leadership, the decisions we make are crucial and we must seek God before we rashly make decisions.  The wrong decision can have devastating results in the lives of those around us.  God has given us His Spirit to lead us into all truth.  We must seek His council before making decisions.

Prayer:

Lord, let me make right decisions that honor and please You and are in alignment with Your plans and purposes for my life and my family.  Help me not to do what is right in my own eyes, but what the Lord says to do.  I want to obey You fully and completely.  Help me to live this way.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment