Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Word of the Lord is With Him

Scripture:

II Kings 3:12 "Jehoshaphat said, 'The word of the Lord is with him.'  So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him".

Observation:

Three kings were talking together about battle plans against Moab.  They wanted to inquire of the Lord what they were to do so they asked each other if there was a man of God around who they could speak with.  Jehoshaphat says about Elisha that "the word of the Lord is with him".  These guys knew that Elisha was a man of God who would be able to give them a word from God.  He had a good reputation for hearing the word of the Lord.

Application:

When someone needs a word from God, are they looking to me?  When needs arise in my city, are the leaders looking to me to bring them a word from God?  I want to be a man of God who is trustworthy and accurate concerning prophetic words.  Today, we all have access to the presence of God and the "word of the Lord" should be with all of us.

Prayer:

Father, I want "the word of the Lord" to be with me.  I want to hear Your voice clearer than ever before.  I want to know your heart, your will and your desires concerning every area of life, ministry, marketplace, etc.  Let my ears be attuned to your voice as the prophet Elisha.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment