Monday, April 16, 2012

I Will Restore You Too

Scripture:

Ezekiel 16:53 "But someday I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and Samaria, and I will restore you too".

Observation:

In this very chapter, God has been rebuking Israel for her sins and telling her how awful she had been. He has been saying that they were worse than Sodom and Samaria because Israel was acting like a prostitute who was having sex and paying the other person instead of being paid. In the middle of a powerful rebuke calling them prostitutes, God says, "someday I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and Samaria, and I will restore you too".

Application:

God's love and faithfulness to us is absolutely incredible. Even in the midst of one of the worst rebukes you can find, He demonstrates His incredible mercy and grace. This shows me that God hates sin terribly, yet loves His children. It is wonderful that God never gives up on us, but may we live life in reaction to that love by not doing things that cause Him pain. May we live lives that are pure and receive His blessing and not His rebuke.

Prayer:

Lord, You are truly the restorer! You are always faithful to Your covenant, even when we are not. You were faithful to Israel when she was unfaithful to You. Help me live a life that pleases You in every area. I want to be under Your hand of blessing and not judgment. Thanks for the reminder of Your faithfulness today.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment