Wednesday, April 18, 2012

But I Found No One

Scripture:

Ezekiel 22:30 "I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one".

Observation:

These are some of the saddest words in scripture. God was about to destroy Israel because of her sin and He looks for someone who will be righteous and stand in the gap to turn away His anger, but He couldn't find anyone. He doesn't require an army of righteous people to avert his anger, just a few. Yet still, He was looking for someone who was faithful to him and who would stop him from destroying Israel.

Application:

May God never have to say the words, "but I found no one" ever again. We should live our lives so that these words can never be spoken of our generation. When God looks for someone to intercede on behalf of our generation, who will be there, faithfully praying for them? God only needs a small remnant who are faithful to Him, yet at times in history He hasn't been able to find anyone. May it never come to pass again. May there always be a faithful people in His kingdom who He will find seeking Him in sincerity.

Prayer:

Father, When I read about how faithful you were to Israel and how they treated You, my heart is broken. You gave your everything for them and treated them excellently, yet they didn't appreciate you. When it came right down to it, You couldn't find anyone to stand in the gap for them. Help me stay in the place where I can hear Your voice and do what you tell me to do. When you are looking for someone, may you always be able to find me seeking your face.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

1 comment: