Monday, April 9, 2012

Eyes on the Invisible

Scripture:

Hebrews 11:27 "It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the king's anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible".

Observation:

Egypt was extremely powerful and the people Israel were their slaves. Moses led the people of Israel out of Egypt, which made their king very angry. The scripture says here that Moses didn't fear the king's anger. He kept on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible. Keeping your eyes on the invisible one will keep you in faith instead of fear.

Application:

I love the phraseology used here, "kept his eyes on the one who is invisible". It is a beautiful play on words. How can we keep our eyes on something invisible? Perfect love casts out fear and God has not given us a spirit of fear, yet many of God's people struggle with fear controlling their lives. When we put our eyes on our Father, fear cannot remain. Fear and faith cannot co-exist. When faith comes in and our eyes are on Jesus, fear must leave. We must keep our eyes on the invisible.

Prayer:

Father, Help me to keep my eyes on You. You are my help and my hope. You are my source and my resource. You are my everything! Teach me to keep my spiritual eyes on You at all times and to face the challenges of life with boldness and confidence because my trust is in You and my eyes are on You.

You are Awesome!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment