Thursday, April 19, 2012

I am Your Enemy

Scripture:

Ezekiel 26:3 "Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am your enemy, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the waves of the sea crashing against your shoreline".

Observation:

Tyre had oppressed God's people and been a thorn in their side. Most of the book of Ezekiel so far has been God pronouncing judgment on Israel for her unfaithfulness. Here the tide turns to Israel's enemies. Tyre gets the bulk of this message because they rejoiced over the fall of Jerusalem. The one thing you never want is for God to say, "I am your enemy".

Application:

Today we have been taught so much about the grace and love of God, that we have forgotten about the fear of the Lord. It is the fear of the Lord that brings wisdom. Today we see only a God who loves everyone and would never hurt anyone in any way. God's love and righteousness demands judgment. We need a healthy fear of the Lord. He truly can wipe us out with one word if He so desired. We must respect Him and honor Him. His enemies will receive His vengeance. We desire His love. May we live in a healthy fear of the Lord again.

Prayer:

Lord, You love is amazing, and so is Your judgment. You are perfect in every way! Perfect in love and perfect in judgment. I want to live my life as a friend of God. Help me to have a healthy fear of the Lord, that my life may please You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment