Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Entertaining Angels

Scripture:

Hebrews 13:2 "Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it".

Observation:

The author of Hebrews is telling people practical things about what to do in the Christian life. He talks about loving others, marriage, money, etc. In the midst of this challenge to live a solid and practical Christian life, the author says, "show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without knowing it". I believe angels are more involved with Christians than we give them credit for.

Application:

I don't want to be an angel follower or some kind of a spiritual fruitcake, but I do believe we are not seeing as much angelic activity as we should. The scriptures are full of accounts of angels telling people things, fighting battles,helping God's people out of bad situations, etc., yet if you talk about angels today, you are considered a spiritual nut. As for me, I am more than ready to entertain some angels like they did in Bible days.

Prayer:

Father, open my eyes that I may see more into the spiritual realm that is so real. Help me to be more conscious of what you are doing in the earth and of your messengers. I want more of You in my life!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment