Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Visions of God

Scripture:

Ezekiel 1:1 "On July 31st if my thirtieth year, while I was with the Judean exiles beside the Kebar river in Babylon, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God".

Observation:

God knew the condition of the people of Judah who were in exile and He knew the condition of Ezekiel. He knew He had to shake Ezekiel up a little bit to get him to speak to God's people. He allowed Ezekiel to see things that very few have ever seen. He saw the glory of the Lord, the cherubim and seraphim, he saw the four headed creatures, etc. God showed Ezekiel many things to confirm His word to him and to help him speak to a wicked and perverse generation. A revelation of God will give you the strength to confront any obstacle and do whatever it takes to accomplish His will. When you have seen Him in all of his glory, your life will be forever changed.

Application:

I am not a person who runs around seeking signs and wonders. I believe they should follow me! Anyway, I am a person who wants to have personal encounters with my God. Every time God has revealed Himself to me in my life, I have received strength for what is ahead. Every time I have had a personal encounter with Him, I have been radically changed. I long to be where Ezekiel was, in the presence of God. I want God to speak to me like He did to Ezekiel. I want to have the Spirit of God come on me like He did Ezekiel. I want to know my God more each day.

Prayer:

Lord, show me Your glory! I want to see visions of You like Ezekiel did. I want to encounter You and hear Your voice clearer. During this 21 day fast, I want to experience Your presence more than ever before. The world we live in is dark and getting darker, I need Your presence. I want to see visions of my God and walk with Him. I want the Spirit of God to come upon me like it did Ezekiel. I want to speak on Your behalf. I love You Lord. Show me Your glory! I want to know You deeper.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment