Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Obedience Brings Life

Scripture:

Ezekiel 20:13 "But the people of Israel rebelled against me, and they refused to obey my decrees there in the wilderness. They wouldn't obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life".

Observation:

Israel continued to rebel against the Lord and constantly turned back to serving idols and the gods of the surrounding lands. God Almighty desired only one thing, that they would serve and worship him as the one who has set them apart. All he wanted was for them to hold up their end of the covenant. He wanted to see them walk in the blessings of obedience, but they wouldn't serve him faithfully.

Application:

God wants to be first place in our lives. He has given everything, including His own Son, so that we can have relationship with him. He has given us His spirit to guide, convict, lead, and empower us to be able to live a life that is pleasing to him. I believe the Lord is saying to us today that we are like the children of Israel. He desires to bless and prosper us, but we don't want to live the way He prescribes. We must become people who obey our God and have LIFE! Obey and live!

Prayer:

Teach me to obey You when it is easy and when it is hard. Teach me to honor You in all I do and not run after other things that will take me away from the purposes You have called me for. You are my creator, my God, and my friend. Work with me and develop my life that it may bring You glory.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment