Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God is looking For Someone

Scripture:

Ezekiel 22:30 "I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one".

Observation:

Ezekiel continues to rant and rave about he coming destruction for God's people because of their disobedience and worshipping other gods. He compares Israel with a prostitute because they are going after other gods instead of the one who gave them life and everything they needed. In God's discourse about destroying Israel He says that He looked for a person who would live righteously and for someone to stand in the gap in the wall because He truly did not want to destroy Jerusalem. His desire is not to destroy, but when He looks and can't find one person living holy, He has to destroy instead of bless.

Application:

In 2010 I want to be the one standing in the gap in the wall. I want to be the one who is living righteous and stopping the judgment that is coming on America. America has prostituted herself with the gods of this world. Now is the time for God's people to pray, live righteously, and stand in the gap on behalf of our nation. Our government has made some terrible decisions and we deserve punishment, but let's be the ones who are standing in the gap. God doesn't want to bring judgment. He is looking for someone who will stand in the gap in the wall and live righteously.

Prayer:

Lord, I will stand in the gap in the wall. I want to live a life that is pleasing to You. Forgive America for her sins of pride, self-reliance and going after other gods. Forgive us for allowing our children to be murdered in the name of abortion. Forgive us for not living holy and pure lives. When you look at the gap in the wall, I want to be standing there. Help me I pray.

In Jesus Name,

Amen
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment