Wednesday, May 14, 2014

When Your Enemies Praise You

Scripture:

I Samuel 26:25  "Then Saul said to David, 'May you be blessed, David my son; you will do great things and surely triumph'.  So David went on his way, and Saul returned home".

Observation:

Saul had been chasing David and wanting to kill him.  Twice David had the opportunity to kill Saul in the process, but David refused to lay a hand on the Lord's anointed.  When Saul encounters David and sees the purity of David's heart, he tells him "you will do great things and surely triumph".  He knew David was going to win out in the long run, even though he was personally trying to kill him.  He knew God would honor David for his pure heart.

Application:

We should live our lives so that even our enemies know God is going to bless us.  When we walk in purity of heart, God fights our battles and brings forth victory.  We should focus on living lives that are pleasing to Him instead of fighting our own battles and trying to defeat all our enemies.  When He is pleased with us, victory is ours.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and wonderful.  You have blessed my life over and over again.  Thank you for working on my behalf and fighting my enemies.  Thank you for meeting every need and taking good care of me as I try to serve You.  Help me follow Your voice and fulfill Your will in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment