Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ebenezer

Scripture:

I Samuel 7:12  "The Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen.  He named it Ebenezer saying, 'Thus far the Lord has helped us'".

Observation:

As Samuel led Israel for many years, he saw the hand of the Lord taking care of them, defeating their enemies and providing for them.  He knew it was the Lord and not someone else or even his own good leadership.  He set up a stone as a stone of remembrance and names it Ebenezer, "Thus far the Lord has helped us".  He made a memorial to the Lord that he could look back on and remember that God was helping them.

Application:

We need to set up memorials that show how the Lord has helped us.  We need to look back at times and remember how God has helped us in the past.  This increases our faith for the future.  We need to set up some markers in our lives that we can look back to which demonstrate how God has been with us. so that when times get rough, we can show how God has brought us through before.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me set up some stones of remembrance.  Teach me the importance of giving You glory for bringing us this far.  You have truly blessed my life over and over.  You have delivered me so many times from difficult times.  You have blessed me over and over.  Help me never take Your blessings for granted.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment