Thursday, May 15, 2014

Finding Strength

Scripture:

I Samuel 30:6  "David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters.  But David found strength in the Lord his God."

Observation:

David had led his soldiers into battle and when they arrived home, they realized their wives and children were taken captive and their city was burned.  Of course they blamed David because it would not have happened if they didn't go away.  They wanted to stone him but the Bible records "David found strength in the Lord his God".

Application:

Our strength is found in the Lord our God.  When everyone seems to be against us and nothing seems to be going right, we need to press into the Lord and let Him be the source of our strength.  When everyone is against us and we feel like giving up, that is the time to seek the Lord and receive His strength.  David did what he felt the Lord wanted him to do by pursuing the troops, then he received the strength he needed from the Lord because he had walked in obedience.

Prayer:

Lord God, Strengthen me today.  This has not been an easy time for me and I need Your strength.  Help me fulfill Your will for my life in every area and give me wisdom to do the right thing at the right time.  Strengthen my inner man today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment