Friday, May 16, 2014

Inquire of the Lord

Scripture:

II Samuel 2:1  "In the course of time, David inquired of the Lord.  'Shall I go up to one of the towns of Judah?' he asked.  The Lord said, 'Go up.'  David asked, 'Where shall I go?'  'To Hebron', the Lord answered."

Observation:

David was first and foremost a man of God.  He never acted on his own, rather he asked God every step of the way.  Over and over the Bible says, "David inquired of the Lord".  The beauty of this is that the Lord always answered David clearly and gave him the direction he needed.  He never attacked an enemy because he felt like it, but rather he would inquire of the Lord and if the Lord said go for it, he would go.

Application:

As New Testament believers, we have been given the Holy Spirit to guide us, teach us, and show us things to come.  We should be more like David and seek His counsel before heading into projects, tasks, battles, etc.  David got answers because he asked.  We need to ask for God's direction more and more and listen for His voice before we move on things.

Prayer:

Lord, open my ears to hear you more clearly.  Teach me to seek You more and more each day.  I need You and only want to do what You want done.  Help me to follow Your voice more closely and do what You say.  Help me distinguish better what is You and what is me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment