Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Lord's Battle

Scripture:

I Samuel 24:12  "May the Lord judge between you and me.  And may the Lord avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you".

Observation:

David continually allowed the Lord to fight his battles.  When he had opportunity to kill King Saul, who was pursuing him to kill him, he didn't take it.  He wanted the Lord to fight his battle, but he refused to take things into his own hands.  He left punishment for what Saul had done to him in the hands of God and refused to take vengeance himself.

Application:

We are to learn to be like David.  It is not my job to right every wrong.  It is God's job to fight our battles, but we tend to get involved and try to help the Lord out because He may not bring justice and judgment fast enough.  David refused to take matters into his own hands.  He waited on the Lord to fight his battles and right his wrongs.  We must learn this from David.

Prayer:

Father, help me to learn this lesson from David.  I want to trust You more.  Help me to release and love people who are hurting me and let You deal with them in Your time.  I want to in closer relationship to You.  Help me hear your voice more clearly every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment