Thursday, May 1, 2014

Instruments of Righteousness

Scripture:

Romans 6:13  "Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness".

Observation:

Paul is writing here about being dead to sin and alive to God and righteousness.  He has talked about the Law and being justified by obedience to it.  Now he is talking about how to live right in God's kingdom.  He uses the illustration of an instrument and tells us we are either instruments of wickedness or an instrument of righteousness.

Application:

An instrument has no power on its own.  It sounds good or bad based on who is playing it.  It can make terrible sounds when played by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.  The owner of the instrument makes the instrument sound good or bad.  We must give our lives to God and let Him live through us to make our lives a beautiful sound.  We are to offer every part of ourselves into the master's hands so that we become instruments of righteousness.  It is He that does the work, but we must offer ourselves to Him completely.

Prayer:

Father, I offer You my life today.  Play the instrument called my life today.  I ask You to bring Yourself glory through me.  I place myself in Your hands.  Work in me and help me become all You want me to be.  Flow through my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment