Thursday, July 19, 2012

Value in Life

Scripture:

Acts 20:24 "But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God".

Observation:

Paul understood that value in life comes from completing the work assigned to us.  He said that his life had no value unless he used it to complete the work assigned to him by the Lord.  he also knew that his work was telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.  Paul went through incredible difficulties, yet remained full of joy because he knew he was doing God's will.

Application:

So many people today are looking for happiness in their careers, cars, valuables, etc.  These will never bring true happiness and fulfillment in life.  Only completing your assignment by God will bring a sense of fulfillment to your life.  When you are doing what God wants you to do, He gives you the strength to continue and a feeling of accomplishment.  Finishing the work assigned to us by God will bring about true happiness and contentment.

Prayer:

Father, Your kingdom come and Your will be done in my life.  Teach me the value of being content in completing every assignment you have given me.  I want to finish well everything You have placed before me.  Help me not get tied up in things that You have not given me, but to work with diligence at the things You have assigned me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment