Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Gift of Peace

Scripture:

John 14:27 "I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid".

Observation:

Jesus knew He was approaching the end of His life and was speaking some preparatory words to them to get them read for His departure.  As He was preparing to die and be raised again, Jesus told those closest to Him that He was leaving them the gift of peace.  This meant they didn't have to be troubled or afraid of anything.

Application:

Many people today love Jesus, but seem to have no peace.  Jesus said He would give the gift of peace of mind and heart to His people in this passage.  The world seems out of control at this time.  Everything is rushing at a pace that is incredible and cannot be maintained.  We, the people of God need His peace as never before.  It is a gift given, all we need to do is to choose to receive the gift and begin to flow in it.  We must choose peace, and not let stress run our lives.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in Your peace, knowing You have every detail of my life in your control.  I submit myself once again to You and ask You to fill me with Your peace.  Help me to demonstrate peace to those around me and not let the stresses of the day get me down.

Yours,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment