Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Deeply Troubled

Scripture:

Acts 17:16  "While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was deeply troubled by all the idols he saw everywhere in the city".

Observation:

This scripture gives me some insight into Paul's life and heart.  Most people walk through a city and see the idols all over, yet feeling nothing about it.  Sunday I preached about being "moved with compassion" as Christ was.  Here we see that Paul also was "deeply troubled" by people's idol worship.

Application:

Most people who do great things in any area of life are people who are touched deeply by a need or a strong desire.  In God's Kingdom, those who are troubled by what troubles God, generally make a huge difference for his Kingdom.  We must come to the place where we are deeply troubled by the things that deeply trouble God.  We must seek Him until we feel what he feels.  Deeply troubled is not a bad thing, when it drives you to make a difference in the world for God.

Prayer:

Father, trouble me with the things in this world that trouble You.  You are the best and I love you with all my heart.  I want to have your compassion and feel what You feel for those around me.  Teach me to be deeply troubled with the sins of the people around me instead of just seeing it and doing nothing about it.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment