Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Is it Impossible for Me?

Scripture:

Zechariah 8:6 "All this may seem impossible for you now, a small remnant of God's people.  But is it impossible for me?"

Observation:

God was speaking through Zechariah about the return of Jerusalem to power.  He was saying this, when the people of God were exiled all over the world and they were basically powerless under the control of their enemies.  God is the God of the impossible and loves to take nothing and make something great of it.  He specializes in taking what is weak and making it strong.

Application:

If God can speak to a people who felt powerless and that all hope was gone for them returning to their nation and tell them that it may seem impossible, but what is impossible for God?  This tells me that the needs in my life are not bigger than my God.  God is speaking this morning and saying, "is it impossible for me?"  We must come to the place where our faith grows and our trust that God is real, cares for us, and can do absolutely anything.  If God can restore Israel to its former glory, He can do great things in my life.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in faith today more than ever.  Teach me to walk in complete trust.  You are amazing!  Demonstrate Your power in my life and my family.  Take a small remnant called Word of Life and make it powerful in Your kingdom as we continue to seek You.  Pour out Your Spirit in Loudoun County and do what seems cannot be done  Revive this region!

Yours forever,
jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment