Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blessing Poured Out

Scripture:

Malachi 3:10 "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my temple.  If you do, says the Lord of Heaven's Armies, I will open the windows of heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it!  Put me to the test!"

Observation:

God promises here to bless those who bring their tithes into the storehouse.  He promises such a blessing that they won't be able to contain it.  He says that He will "pour out" a blessing.  When I hear "pour out", I am immediately drawn to Acts 2 when the Holy Spirit was "poured out".  When God pours something out, He does it in a big way.

Application:

I want to be under the spout where the blessing of God is being poured out.  I am expecting blessing hat can't be contained.  As we walk in obedience to God, He will do His part of the deal!  Tithing is disputed by so many people as whether it is for today or not.  The deal today is not whether it is required, it is whether we want to honor God with our finances.  When God has your checkbook, He also has your heart.  Instead of trying to see a way to get out of it, we need to be seeing how we can give more than our tithe.  Make Him first and let the blessing be poured out in your life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to see your blessing more and more poured out in my life.  As I have been faithful to you in this area, I know You will be faithful to me.  You area amazing and you honor your word.  Thank you for always taking care of me and my family.

You're the best!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment