Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Power to do Miraculous Signs and Wonders

Scripture:

Acts 14:3 "But the apostles stayed there a long time, preaching boldly about the grace of the Lord.  And the Lord proved their message was true by giving them power to do miraculous signs and wonders".

Observation:

Here the apostles were moving out on their first missionary journey and God was confirming their words by giving them power to do miraculous signs and wonders.  From the book of Acts, I conclude that God gives His power to His people when they are advancing his kingdom.  Signs and wonders were normal for the early church.  These signs and wonders were given by God to prove their message was true.

Application:

We need signs and wonders back in the church of Jesus Christ.  We are missing a crucial element of our message.  When we preach truth and are living right, the biblical pattern calls for signs and wonders to accompany our messages about Christ.  I am seeking God and asking Him to restore signs and wonders to the church of the 21st century.  I believe our generation needs to see some things that are "unexplainable" in their rational minds.

Prayer:

Father, I want to see signs and wonders in our generation.  I want You to show me what we are missing.  I am fully convinced that it is Your will and pattern to use signs and wonders to confirm your message.  Reveal to me what is going on and why our churches are powerless.  Help me to become more like our early church fathers who moved in great power.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment