Thursday, July 26, 2012

Faith that Never Waivers

Scripture:

Romans 4:20-21  "Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise.  In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.  He was fully convinced that God was able to do whatever he promises".

Observation:

Abraham was about 100 years of age.  Many years before, God had promised to make him the father of many nations.  As his body was getting older and his wife was as well, he actually grew stronger in faith.  He was fully convinced that God would do what He said He would do.  His faith, which seemed crazy to most, actually brought glory to God.

Application:

Faith brings glory to God.  Does my faith actually bring glory to God?  How much am I willing to hang onto a promise that I know God has given me?  When do you give up on a promise from God?  These wouldn't even be questions for Abraham.  He would say that you never give up on the word of the Lord.  We must be more like Abraham and never give up on the promises of God.  We must come to the place of never wavering.

Prayer:

Lord, let my faith bring You glory.  Help me to remain strong in faith concerning the thing You have put in my spirit.  Train me in tenacious faith that grows stronger instead of weaker as time goes by.  Help me be more like Abraham.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment