Monday, July 9, 2012

Small Beginnings

Scripture:

Zechariah 4:10 "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin"

Observation:

In this scripture, an angel comes and speaks about Zerubabbel.  He says that Zeruababbel laid the foundation and he would complete the temple.  As he is speaking of Zerubabbel and his starting the foundation of the temple, he says, "do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin".

Application:

Sometimes in ministry, things don't go the way we thought they would.  Sometimes growth takes longer than we thought it would and we get frustrated.  In America, we believe the growth equals success.  Therefore, we feel like if things aren't growing quick enough, we are not successful. This verse helps me see that God loves the fact that the work is started and is rejoicing over it rather than upset that it hasn't grown fast enough.  We can never despise the day of small beginnings.

Prayer:

Father, help me be faithful to what You have called me to do no matter what comes my way.  Help me to see success as obedience to the will of God and not focus on numbers.  Your Kingdom come and Your will be done in my life.  Help me to live a life that bring you honor and let me reach someone for You today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment