Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unless the Lord...

Scripture:

Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good".

Observation:

In this verse, we see that the works of our hands are useless unless the Lord is in it. Builders can build and sentries can protect, but they are useless without the Lord. God wants to be the center of our lives. He wants us to depend on Him. He wants us to trust Him instead of leaning on our own understanding.

Application:

God wants us to work hard at things and be people of diligence, but He also desires us to trust Him more than ourselves. We are accustomed to doing things on our own and without help. In America it is a sign you are an adult when you take care of everything yourself. God wants to shift that thinking and wants us to be dependent on Him. He wants us to be God-reliant instead of self-reliant.

Prayer:

Lord, I want You to build the house and protect it. I want You to be my provider and my source. You are incredible and I trust You with my life, my family, my church, and my community. I look to You and ask You to work powerfully in my life. I give You control. May Your name be glorified.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment