Monday, January 9, 2012

Tests

Scripture:

Psalm 105:9 "Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the Lord tested Joseph's character".

Observation:

Joseph was tested more than anyone else I can think of except maybe Job. It was at least 17 years from the time of his dreams, until they were fulfilled. During that time it seems like his life was continually tested in different terrible situations. Joseph remained faithful to the Lord through all of them and his dreams came to pass. His life seemed to be one big test after another, but when his dreams came true, it was amazing.

Application:

Sometimes when we go through test and trials in life, we think it is the Lord punishing us. Maybe He is not punishing us, but preparing us to fulfill the dreams He has given to us. I don't like tests in the natural and I don't like tests in the spiritual, but they are important to let us know where we are along the journey. We must remember that the dreams God has given us will come to pass, we may simply be in a testing time right now. We must pass every test until His timing.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to be faithful in every test. You have given me many dreams and visions. Help me to be faithful in every test until the day of fulfillment. I want to be strong for You during the testing time. I am Yours and Yours alone. I trust You to bring about Your plans for my life.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment