Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Guard Your Heart

Scripture:

Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."

Observation:

Solomon is speaking wisdom as a father speaks to his son. In his wisdom, Solomon tells us to "Guard your heart above all else". He says that your heart determines the course of your life. In other words, if you heart is in the wrong place, your life will follow. If your heart is right, you will be headed the right direction in life.

Application:

Guarding my heart means that I seek the Lord and continually ask Him to purify my heart and ask Him to examine me to see if there are wrong motives, wrong attitudes, etc. in my heart. I need to ask myself that hard questions that deal with my heart and do everything possible to keep my heart pure before the Lord. When it is pure, I will be headed the right direction in life. Guarding your heart means not allowing bitterness, greed, envy, jealousy, etc into my heart. I must guard it from these things or I will get off course.

Prayer:

Father, search my heart and show me areas that need to change. Help me to guard my heart from everything that would hinder my relationship with You. I want to follow You with a pure heart. I want my motives to be pure. Help me father, I need You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment