Friday, January 27, 2012

Ringing Out

Scripture:

I Thessalonians 1:8 "And now the word of the Lord is ringing out from you to people everywhere, even beyond Macedonia and Achaia, for wherever we go we find people telling us about your faith in God. We don't need to tell them about it".

Observation:

I love this in the New Living Translation. It tells us that the people of Thessalonica were bold in their testimony of Jesus Christ. The word of the Lord was "ringing out" from them to to people all over the place. Their faith was being talked about throughout their region so much that Paul didn't feel he needed to say anything to the people because the gospel had been ringing out through the Thessalonians.

Application:

I have a picture of this in my mind. I want to see a church where the Gospel is "ringing out" into society and all of the society knows about Jesus because of the church. We must live lives that "ring out" for Christ. We must not be ashamed of the Gospel, but be fully persuaded of its power to save lives.

Prayer:

Father, let my life "ring out" to the world. Let them know about You through my life. I want to shine in this world. Let me light up my bus today. Let Your Spirit flow through me to someone else today. I want to represent You well on the earth. help me do today exactly what You want me to do.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment