Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hope in His Word

Scripture:

Psalm 130:5 "I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in His word".

Observation:

The Psalmist writes this short and simple Psalm for those on pilgrimage to Jerusalem. It is a reminder that we can count on the Lord and put our hope in Him. He says that he is counting on the Lord twice for emphasis, then says he has put his hope in God's word.

Application:

This verse is powerful because it shows me a person who is totally dependent on the Lord. He is trusting God completely and counting on God to bring him through whatever he is facing. He has put his hope in God's word. We must begin to trust the Lord and put hope in His word. He wants to be a father for us and provide for our needs. We must come to Him as children and depend on Him to take care of us. We must also begin again to trust His word. Many times we don't want to get our hopes up on things we are praying for, but we must hope in God. He wants it that way.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to hope in Your Word. Let your word fill my heart and let me begin to trust it's promises more and more every day. You are trustworthy and I ask You to lead me, teach me, and help me to follow You better each day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment