Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Surrounded

Scripture:

Psalm 125:2 "Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever".

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us in this passage that we are surrounded by the Lord. He says that God surrounds us like Jerusalem is surrounded by mountains. He goes on to say that it will be like this forever. God not only has our back, but our sides and front as well. He is our protector and shield. He surrounds His people and rescues them when they are in trouble.

Application:

This promise of Scripture lets me know that I can walk in confidence because God is my protector. He has me surrounded on all sides and is watching over me. I have no reason to fear anything because He is with me and all around me. When the enemy attacks, he is with me. When things go wrong, He is with me and has me surrounded at all times. God is my amazing protector and He is good at His job!

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for opening my eyes to this promise. Help it to move from my head to my heart so that I walk by faith and not by sight. I want to know you more and understand your ways. Thank you for teaching me this morning. Now, let it stick in my heart forever. You are with me and have me surrounded.

Thanks,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment