Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wisdom

Scripture:

Job 28:17 "Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal. It cannot be purchased with jewels mounted in fine gold".

Observation:

Job was a very wise man who had great understanding. He has just talked about being able to mine gold, silver, copper, etc. He said that we know how to do these things, but do we know how to mine wisdom and understanding?

Application:

We must ask God to give us godly wisdom in every area of life. Wise people prosper and don't make the same mistakes as others. They see the warning signs and don't go there. They see ahead and notice dangers on the horizon. Wisdom is extremely valuable because it can guide us into making right decisions. We need to ask god for wisdom and seek for it diligently.

Prayer:

Help me to gain wisdom in my life. I want to be a wise person who is able to make right choices and decisions. I want my life to bring your glory and a life of wisdom makes you look good. Teach me to seek out wisdom and to use it in every part of my life. You said if anyone lacked wisdom we could ask God and He would give it. Lord, today I ask for wisdom. I desperately need it in my life right now.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment