Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Conquering Evil

Scripture:

Romans 12:21 "Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good".

Observation:

Paul is speaking to the Romans about how to live peaceably with each other. He talks about love and then moves into talking about not repaying evil for evil. As he closes this thought, he makes one simple statement, "don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good". Sometimes we fight the darkness so hard, when all we have to do is turn on the light. Doing good will conquer evil every time.

Application:

Many times we fight, rebuke, do spiritual warfare, etc. against the evil of our day. Paul tells us that we can conquer evil by doing good. Spiritual warfare is a reality and needs to be waged, but many times our battles just need for us to be men and women enough to do good, and let God be God. As we listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, He will show us how to win every battle. Darkness is really just the absence of light. Evil is really just the absence of good. Doing good can conquer any foe.

Prayer:

Lord, let me see You hand at work in my life. I want to see You high and lifted up and every enemy defeated. teach me to live a simple life of doing good, living right and watching You defeat every enemy that tries to raise it's ugly head against me. You are my protection, my fortress and my defender.

Thanks,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment