Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Authority

Scripture:

Psalm 8:6 "You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority".

Observation:

The Psalmist David is talking here about mankind, created by God. Speaking to the Lord he says, "You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority". The Psalmist understood man. He understood God's plan for mankind. The original plan of God was that Adam and Eve would have dominion over all of His creation. God wanted man to reign and rule on this earth.

Application:

Jesus is called the second Adam in the NT. After the sin of Adam and Eve, man was separated from God and no longer had dominion because of sin. Jesus, the second Adam, came to restore that authority and dominion. He paid the price for sin so that we could have access into the heavenlies. We need to get back to God's original intent of having authority over God's beautiful creation. We must understand that God created us to rule and reign, not to just accept whatever comes along. We must take our place and walk in the authority that Jesus died to give us.

Prayer:

Father, teach me Your original intention for man. Show me more. I want to understand more fully and completely. I want to walk in the authority you have given us and have dominion as You would want me to. I don't want to just accept things in the earth that are not right, but to change them. Help me take my authority.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment