Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jesus Christ My Mediator

Scripture:

Job 9:33 "If only there were a mediator between us, someone who could bring us together. The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment".

Observation:

Job felt that God was punishing him unjustly. He felt that he should take God to court and prove his innocence, but he realized that could never happen and that God was so perfect and so powerful that He could never lose. He realized he was a sinner and God was perfect. All he could ask for was a mediator who could bring him and God together and make Go stop beating him.

Application:

Job cried out for a mediator who would turn away God's punishment for whatever he had done. He longed for someone who could bring Him and God together. Jesus is the mediator that Job cried out for. He took our punishment and turned God's wrath away from us, therefore we don't have to live in fear and terror of God like Job did. Our mediator has come and his name is Jesus. Job wanted someone to bring him and God together. Jesus died to do exactly that. He brought us together with God.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for sending your son to die in my place, to take my punishment, and to bring us together. Thank you for accepting and loving me. Thank you for bridging the gap between You and me. You are truly amazing and your grace is incredible. You're the best! Thank you for calling me son.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment