Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Job's Vow

Scripture:

Job 27:3-4 "As long as I live, while I have breath from God, my lips will speak no evil, and my tongue will speak no lies".

Observation:

Job is responding to his "friends" who have told him that he is hiding some sin somewhere or he wouldn't be in this situation. He vows to his friends that as long as he lives his lips will speak no evil and his tongue will not tell a lie. Job had already endured incredible suffering and has declared his innocence. Here he is letting them know that he is not lying about this or any other situation.

Application:

Our mouths can get us into so much trouble. Things we say can and do hurt people and cause much pain. The same tongues we say we love God with are used to curse people. We need to make a vow to god that our mouths will utter nothing evil and will speak no lies. As we do our best to fulfill this commitment, God will do the rest. He has given us His Holy Spirit to help us live according to His will. We must fix our speech problems.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in purity before you. My tongue has a way of getting me in trouble at times and causing problems in my life. Purify my speech and let it be used to bring You glory and help others. Help me to speak the positive and be an encourager. Have a great day!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment