Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Ruler from Everlasting

Scripture:

Micah 5:2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting".

Observation:

I love the Word of God. It is accurate to the letter. As we approach this Christmas season, we must remember that Jesus was the promised one who would come. It says of Jesus that He would come out of Bethlehem, a small and insignificant place, but that He would be the ruler of all. It also says of Him that He His going forths are from everlasting. Hundreds of years before Christ, Micah prophesied that He would come from Bethlehem, and that He would be from everlasting.

Application:

If God knew that Jesus was coming to earth and would be born in the insignificant little town of Bethlehem, how much does He know about you? He spoke of this hundreds of years before Jesus came. If this is true, then He knew I was coming also. He knew where I would be born, and what my life would become. He knows the beginning from the end and time is no issue with Him. He is from everlasting and yet is concerned about the little details of our lives. He is amazing! Jesus came, just as the prophecy said, and will yet rule the nations of the earth with a rod of iron. His Word never fails and you can trust Him fully.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for showing me a little glimpse today of how awesome You are. I love You and give You my life once again for Your service. Use my life Lord to bring You glory. You never cease to amaze me.

Yours Forever!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment