Wednesday, December 30, 2009

He will Rightly Correct You

Scripture:

Jeremiah 46:28 "Do not fear O Jacob My servant, says the Lord, For I am with you; for I will make a complete end of all the nations to which I have driven you, but I will not make a complete end of you. I will rightly correct you, for I will not leave you wholly unpunished".

Observation:

God is so awesome! He never gives up on His own. He "rightly corrects" us. God does correct His children, but His correction never means He has given up on you. He talks in this verse about totally destroying the nations that He has driven Israel to, but that He won't totally destroy Israel. He may punish His children when they run after other gods or don't serve Him, but He always comes back to them to give them another chance.

Application:

Knowing this characteristic of God causes many Christians to feel like they can live any way they want and God will always accept them. This is no way to live! God wants us to live according to His word. He wants to bless us and prosper everything we do, but He can't when we walk in disobedience. This characteristic of God should drive us to walking closer to Him every day instead of seeing how much we can get away with knowing God is not going to give up too easily on us. We must be people who pursue holiness first and foremost, without holiness, nobody will see God.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to walk in Your ways better each day. Show me Your paths, that I may walk in Your blessings. I want Your hand of blessing and not Your hand of discipline. You are my rock, my salvation, and my deliverer! I love you with all my heart.

Your Son,

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment