Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Pure Vessel

Scripture:

II Timothy 2:21, "If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work".

Observation:

Paul is writing a letter to his young friend Timothy who was getting started in ministry. He speaks of every wealthy house having "expensive utensils" that they would use if company is coming over and "inexpensive utensils" that they use every day. In this verse he is telling Timothy that if he can keep his life pure, he will be a special utensil for honorable use. His life will be clean and ready for use by the Master. Purity does matter! God looks for the pure in heart, then fills them up and uses them for His glory.

Application:

The good stuff gets put in a China closet and pulled out when guests come over. It must remain pure and clean because it is for serving our best people. In the same way, God wants us to remain pure so that when He has a situation that needs dealt with, He can call on us and He knows we will be close enough to Him to hear His voice. Not enough is being said today about purity, but it is crucial in the Kingdom. God truly desires "pure" vessels that are not contaminated so that He may pour through them. Does God get glory from your life? Are you living a life that makes God say, "I'm pulling out my fine china on this situation?" Let's purify ourselves and make ourselves ready for the Master's use.

Prayer:

Purify me Lord. Purify my heart, my mind, my motives, my dreams and ambitions. Purify my life in every area. I want to be ready for the Master's use. Lord, let my life continually be in a place with You where You can call on me for anything You need accomplished on this earth.

I Love You Lord,

Jeffrey Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment