Saturday, December 5, 2009

Praying for You

Scripture:

II Thessalonians 1:11 "So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do".

Observation:

Here we see Paul telling the Thessalonians how he prays for them. He is basically asking God to... 1. enable them to live a life worthy of his call. 2. give them power to accomplish what their faith prompts them to do. I see Paul's heart here praying for them to be rooted and grounded in the faith. Paul didn't just encourage them verbally to live right, he took it to God and prayed about the people he led to the Lord.

Application:

How much do we truly pray for those around us. Sometimes we throw a little prayer someone's way. We even tell people, "say a little prayer for me when you think about it". Beyond just the prayers for people physical needs, how often do we pray for people to grow spiritually? Are we asking God to help people live a life worthy of His calling? Are we praying that God would strengthen people ad give them power to accomplish what He puts in their hearts to do? This is crucial to people's spiritual growth. They need someone praying for them! May we become people who pray, not just for people's physical, but their spiritual needs as well.

Prayer:

Lord, I hear You speaking to me. Thursday You spoke to me about prayer in 2010, yesterday you confirmed it again, and now it is once again confirmed. Thank You for speaking clearly to me on this. Show me the times, the places, and the order for these times of prayer. I want to lead Word of Life into Your best for them and into Your will. I love You. Thank you for allowing me to hear Your voice.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment